Through our program evaluation, analysis, and alignment services, EPIC helps our partners understand their programs and processes at a deeper level. This insight enables them to improve their programs and reach their goals. Using systematic inquiry and expert consultative skills, EPIC researchers assist partners in planning for high-quality implementation, measuring progress and alignment, and assessing outcomes.
Evaluation, Analysis, and Alignment Services
We integrate research and evaluation to:
- evaluate programs and practices;
- learn about contextual characteristics;
- learn how to adapt and scale to different settings;
- support curriculum alignment and standards development;
- and support and validate all of the above.
Plan for High Quality
- Develop logic models and other visuals and text that convey the connections between strengths/needs, activities and interventions, and outcomes.
- Ensure that planned programs, activities, or interventions are based on the best available evidence.
- Use the appropriate inquiry methods to answer the questions of interest.
- Partner on writing grant proposals that win.
Measure Progress and Alignment
- Review the implementation of a program or process to make midcourse corrections and enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Set interim indicators that demonstrate the small wins along the path to improvement.
- Align courses, programs, standards, policies, assessments, and organizational structures to remove barriers and maximize student and school success.
Assess Outcomes and Value
- Determine whether programs, processes, and courses achieve their intended outcomes.
- Explore all outcomes—even the unexpected ones—attained by programs and processes.
- Assess the value of an intervention, comparing it to other programs or methods that might address student and school needs.
Analysis in Action